Wow I haven't posted in a while. I guess I'll start off with the birth of Jaxon. Our second baby boy was born on October 4th 2011. He was 5 weeks early. It was a bit scary but he did amazing! He was in the nicu for only 8 days. 8 very long days. He was 5 pounds, 7 ounces and 18 inches long. He was born at 7:24 pm.
The night before he was born, I decided to pack a bag for him. Some little outfits, a blanket, some cute little socks and hats. Well in the process of all of that, I tripped and fell over Travis's chair. I landed on my left knee and both my hands. My wrists hurt pretty bad but my tummy felt fine so I shrugged it off. A couple hours later I started feeling contractions. It was about midnight and I just thought they were braxton hicks contractions since I had them a lot. So I took a bath thinking it would stop them since that had always worked. Well by 2 am they had not only NOT stopped, but they got closer together and more painful. So at 2am we dropped off Travis to his Grammy's house and headed up to the hospital. My doctor wasn't there so the on call doctor said to just set me up for delivery. But they got ahold of my doctor and she was worried that it was soon for Jaxon to come. So they tried to stop my labor. But my contractions came back. They tried stopping it a second time and sent me home at about 9am even though I was still feeling contractions. I tried to sleep a bit but around 11am they got so painful that I couldn't breath. I got up to use the bathroom and I felt a gush of water in my pants. I yelled to jordan, "babe, get up! My water just broke." I had never seen him get up so fast in my life! So here we go up to the hospital. They check to make sure it was my water that broke, and they tell me, "nope that wasn't your water breaking" and here I am in labor with contractions very close together. I told them that they better check again cause I was pretty damn positive that it was in fact my water breaking. This second test was a bit different and it took a few hours for them to get the results. They wouldn't give me an epidural until they knew for sure. Finally by 4pm the test came back. And sure enough my water DID break. And that's when we knew for sure he was coming. And a couple hours later he was in my arms :-). They had to take him right away for tests and such, so I only got to hold him for a min. He had to be on Cpap over night and he didn't know how to eat so finally we got to take him home on October 12th we got to take him home. He had to go home on oxygen. But only for 5 days then he was doing just fine breathing on his own. I feel so lucky that everything turned out good.
Jaxon will be 6 months next week. It so hard to think how much he has grown. He is now 16 pounds of chubb. I love my 3 boys with all my heart. :-)
On my birthday, Jordan and kk surprised me with tickets to see Kelly clarkson! It was so much fun! She is my favorites artisit of all time!
Saturday, March 31, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment